FSGA Board, Executive and Staff are regularly represented at a number of major conferences and events throughout Australia.
Golden Key International Honour Society is a world wide membership based organisation with a unique focus on academics, leadership and service. In 2015 Golden Key held their annual international conference on the Gold Coast and chose to showcase the community work of FSGA as an example of outstanding community service to the 250+ delegates from around the world.
Leading Industry Advocacy
FSG Australia is a part of Queensland’s Disability Service G8 Summit, which joins forces with the state’s eight largest non-government disability service organisations to discuss unmet needs and to advocate for people’s rights as a united voice.
Member organisations are FSG Australia, Cerebral Palsy League of Queensland, Uniting Care Community, Centacare Brisbane, Spinal Life Australia, Endeavour Foundation, Multicap and Life Without Barriers.
G8 members share resources, information and work together to resolve common concerns and achieve collective goals.
FSGA then submit these to government and to the community on behalf of the people we walk alongside.
Industry Advisory and Reference Groups
Several FSG Senior Managers are involved in a range of Advisory and Reference Groups, providing invaluable feedback to funding bodies and policy makers. Some of these include:
- Embracing 2018 – Commonwealth Games Legacy Committee
- Southern Cross University Community Reference Group
- National Carer Gateway Subject Matter Expert Working Group
- Brisbane City Council – Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance
- Gold Coast Disability Taskforce
- National Disability Coordination Officer Program Advisory Committee (Region 19)
- ICAN Development Group
- Gold Coast Disaster Management Group
- Communities 4 Children Logan Advisory Group
- Logan Together
- Stewardship Group for the Northern Rivers Social Plan
- West Moreton South Coast Community Transport Consortium
FSG Australia is an active member of the following associations and organisations:
- Queensland Shelter
- Queensland Social Enterprise Council
- Real Estate Institute of QLD
- Gold Coast Tourism
- Headway Gold Coast
- Northern Rivers Volunteer Resource Centre
- NSW Federation of Housing Associations
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Qld
- Queensland Alliance for Mental Health
- Asperger Services Australia
- Nerang Community Respite Care Association
- Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID)
- Institute of Business Leaders – Gold Coast
- Mental Illness Fellowship of Queensland
- Queensland Community Alliance