Not sure where to look for information on local services? We have provided a range of websites that may be able to assist.
If you still cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us and we can point you in the right direction.
Online Directories – local Health and Community Service providers
- National Health Services Directory – Directory of GP’s, Pharmacies, Hospitals and some Allied Health services.
- Infoxchange – Service Seeker – National online Community Services Directory.
- My Neighbourhood – Online directory with a range of providers mostly focused on children young people and disability services.
- My Community Directory – Queensland wide online Community Services Directory.
Aids & Equipment
- Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme – Provides subsidy funding for medical aids and equipment to eligible Queenslanders with permanent/ stable conditions or disabilites.
- Enable NSW – A NSW Government initiative to assist eligible residents of NSW, who have a life-long or long-term disability, to live and participate within their community by providing appropriate equipment, aids and appliances.
- Deaf Services Queensland – Provides assistance and advice with interpreting and hearing issues.
- Vision Australia – Provides assistance and advice with visual aids and equipment.
- Lifetec – Provider of assistive and independent living equipment.
- Continence Aids Payment Scheme – Assists eligible people who have permanent and severe incontinence to meet some of the costs associated with continence and continence related products.
Child Care & Services
- Raising Children Network – Australian Parenting website, including information and links to local child care services.
- QLD Emergency and Temporary Accomodation providers – Queensland Government funded Emergency Accomodation providers.
- QLD Homeless Hotline – Homeless Hotline is a phone information and referral service for people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Link2home – NSW statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service.
- Emergency REDiPlan – Emergency Management plan to help people in their own home.
Multicultural Services, Groups and Events
- Multicultural Resource Directory – List of ethnic groups and associations across QLD.
- NSW Multicultural Health Services Directory – List of ethnic health services across NSW.
- Self Help Queensland – Self Help Queensland provide a range of resources for establishing and running self help groups, and also provide an online directory of groups.
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) – Australian Government provided access to phone and on-site interpreting services in over 160 languages and dialects.
- Transport Development and Solutions Alliance – Directories of South East QLD based Transport and HACC providers.
Volunteering and Activities
- Volunteering Queensland – register for volunteer opportunities.
- QLD Men’s Sheds – Locations of Men’s Sheds across Queensland.
- NSW Men’s Sheds – Locations of Men’s Sheds across NSW.
Australian Government Department information
- Department of Social Services – The Australian Government Department of Social Services provide funding ad resources for a range of Community Services initiatives.
- Department of Human Services – Access to Centrelink, Medicare and a range of Government Services.
- My Aged Care – Established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme – Established by the Australian Government to provide information on the NDIS – the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Queensland State Government Department information
- Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services – Provide a range of initiatives to strengthen connections between individuals, families and communities.
- Queensland Health – Provide a range of initiatives for public health and wellbeing.
- Education Queensland – Provide a range of initiatives for Queenslanders to have the education and skills they need to contribute to the economic and social development of the State.
NSW State Government Department information
- New South Wales Government Department of Family and Community Services – Provide a range of initiatives to protect cildren and young people from abuse and neglect.
- New South Wales Health – The Department covers all aspects of public health in NSW.
- NSW Department of Education – The Department covers all stages of education from early childhood to tertiary.