Under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), you or a loved one may be eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA). This means a funding allocation in your NDIS Plan giving you the opportunity to live independently in a purpose-built, fully accessible unit, specifically equipped to meet your daily needs.
Your Opportunity to Supported Independent Living
FSG Australia (FSG) brings one of the first SDA properties to the Northern New South Wales region, with another in development in South East Queensland.
FSG recognises that people with complex needs requiring support in the home to remain independent, have traditionally had limited choice, mostly due to carer costs.
Looking beyond traditional models of care based accommodation, FSG has developed, and is now offering, FSG’s innovative ‘Hub Living Model’. This model meets all criteria for supported independent living and is equipped and ready for SDA clients.
“You can now live independently, in your own home, with specialist housing solution options to suit your needs, your wishes, your preferences, at a sustainable cost and 24/7 access to support services when you need it.”
Vicki Batten, FSG CEO
FSG’s Hub Living Model Explained
- Accommodation is certified & registered with LHA at Platinum Level and complies with the requirement in the SDA Rules and NDIA’s Price Guide.
- All apartments are fully accessible with many structural considerations already in place. All appliances are fully accessible from standing or seated position, apartments are assistive technology ready, structural provision for ceiling hoists and more.
- The apartments are supported by an onsite, 24/7 Concierge.
- You can choose personalised or shared support and when you need it.
- You can choose to live completely independently or share with flatmate; have family stay over; have a pet or have friends visit for extended periods.
- The complex includes a Community Hub, for organised social gatherings, opportunities for peer connections, capacity building through hobbies and interactive workshops. You choose how much or how little you wish to get involved in.
This model of living allows you to make the most of your NDIS and live your chosen life.
Highlights of the Ballina Specialist Disability Accommodation Complex
How FSG Can Help You
FSG can assist to determine if you are eligible for SDA and help with planning preparations. If you already have SDA built into your NDIS Plan and would like to find out more about your choices for independent living, please contact us.
Contact Us Locally
Phone: (07) 5564 0655
NEW SOUTH WALES
Phone: (02) 6618 4970
Make the Most of Your NDIS with these other FSG options