What could Volunteering mean to you?
Volunteering can be so rewarding on so many levels.
There are numerous reasons people choose to volunteer. Learning new skills, meeting new friends, and making a positive difference in people’s lives are just some of the benefits of becoming an FSG volunteer.
At FSG Australia, we work with people to find a solution to meet their needs, whilst walking alongside them to realise and reach their goals in life. People are at the heart of everything we do.
With FSG spanning the Frazer Coast, QLD to Northern Rivers, NSW, we have a vast range of volunteer opportunities to get involved in. Share your skills or learn new skills across the following areas …
- Social Enterprises – FSG Cafes, Tropicana Nursery, RockinDesign furniture up-cycling, The Rock (rock climbing), op-shops
- Community Hubs – community connector roles assisting visitors at our Community Hubs in Labrador, Nerang, Beaudesert, Ballina, Knocksrow
- Service Delivery – disability, mental health, child safety, vacation care, family services
- Training – walk alongside a young person undertaking work placement or training
- Corporate – administration, finance, data input, reception
Do you have a unique set of skills you would like to share with others in the community? If so, please get in touch.
What to expect as a Volunteer
- Learn new skills with full training and ongoing support
- Access to FSG employment opportunities
- Excellent vocational experience for your resume
- Help someone to achieve their goals and live their chosen life
- Take on a new challenge
- Work as part of a fun team in an innovative organisation
- Contribute to the type of community that you are proud of
- Share your unique skills and teach others along the way
Volunteer Starter Kit
Download your volunteer application form here:
- Volunteering Application Form
- FSG – Our Beliefs
- Privacy and Confidentiality Code
- Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Agreement
Please Note: Volunteers in NSW region will also be required to obtain a Working with Children check prior to commencement.
Sharee’s Story: Personal Growth & A New Family Through Volunteering
Studying to become a Medical Doctor, Sharee Patrick undertook a volunteering position with FSG Australia (FSG) to “get some real experience in the community.” What she got, however, was so much more.
Tom’s Story: A Volunteering Odyssey
Transitions in our lives, whether it be employment related, a marriage breakup, the loss of a loved one, or simply a change in circumstances, can often be followed by monumental shifts in our life journey.
Tom had hit a point where a change needed to be made. He had no choice. The second panic attack was his brain forcing him into that change.
We invite you connect with us to chat about your preferences, your wishes and the opportunities available.